Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

I have a SMEG spA42016 (is this right ) the electric oven is

I have a SMEG spA42016 (is this right?) the electric oven is not giving off heat. The fan is working b ut blowing cold air. Any simple advice?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi
Can you recheck the model number please not sure the A is correct

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Rob, I've tried to find the rating plate on the oven without success. I have an instruction booklet with a sticker on the back and it read as follows:

smeg spA 42016 Guastalla (RE)

As I said, the fan works but the light doesn't come on and the element doesn't heat up to make the oven hot. I'm hoping it's simple fuse issue somewhere??

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi
Just hold on a moment ok?

Thanks
Rob
Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
Hi
OK, if the light and the fan come on, the most likely culprit is the round element.
If you remove the back panel of the oven from inside, you will see the fan with the element outside it.
Turn off the electricity, undo the retaining screws and slowly pull it forward.
If you have a meter test the element, if its open circuit you will need to replace it.
For a replacement call 01543 461352, they carry these parts

I hope this answers your question and you click the accept button for me. By doing so, a proportion of the deposit you have already paid to just Answer, is transferred to me for helping you with your problem today.

Thanks

Rob

Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You mis-read my note. The fan works but the light does not come on. Could this make any difference to your diagnosis?

Expert:  Rob replied 3 years ago.
HI
Its odd that it doesn't come on. I assume we mean the internal light?
I assume it was working before
What about the temperature neon?
Its possible that as the element blew it took the lamp too.
Have a look at the element it may well have a hole in it

Thanks
rob