Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

Hello - How do I change the heating element on a Hotpoint Aquarius

Hello - How do I change the heating element on a Hotpoint Aquarius TL21 dryer please. At present it only appears to be working on half it's normal heating power. I am making an assumption that there is more than one actual element in parallel, and only one has failed
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 5 years ago.

Yes you are right. There do have 2 elements which run in parallel so 1 half may be at fault.

To replace isnt thats diffecult really on these. You need to take off the bulged cover on the back and the right hand side panel.; Then from there you will see the heater element on the back. Take it off and then undo the wiring on the right hand side. Then from there you can replace with new heater unit.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Many thanks - It sems quite straightforward - I shall investigate before wasting money on a new one.