The Famous Forry
The Famous Forry, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have my own business in the Domestic Appliance Repair established 1980
12112589

hotpoint wt960 washing machine f-18 error code. The machine

hotpoint wt960 washing machine f-18 error code. The machine starts normally then after 10 seconds stops the cycle and starts to drain, flashing the f-18 code how do I fix it?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  The Famous Forry replied 6 years ago.

FORRY :

Hi David here. How old is your machine?

FORRY :

F18 is a communication error. Basically this means a PCB card has failed, a wire or plug has become detached. If you are good at DIY it may be worth investigating. Hotpoint advice is to call aservice engineer.If you decide to investigate , look for bad connections, very carefully remove the pcb plugs making a note of exactly where each plug goes back, clean contacts and replace. This has worked for me on more than a few occasions. Replaced after doing a wipe over and replaced. It is worth a shot before paying out service call prices. Loook for obvious damage on the PCB's. ENSURE you mark the plug positions VERY carefully. Good luck regards XXXXX XXXXX Christmas to you and your family. Please hit the accept tab for my answer.Thankyou in advance, David. Bonuses always appreciated.

JACUSTOMER-us1t02qh- :

Hello David tried cleaning the pcb contacts, alas to no avail, any other ideas? regards Neil

FORRY :

It is card replacement I am afraid Neil if you can find no other fault. I can get price of PCB for you if you like. Best wishes David.

FORRY :

Module PCB Not Programmed £115 (Top Card)
Module PCB Not Programmed £129(Base Card)

JACUSTOMER-us1t02qh- :

Thanks David I will go it alone from here.

JACUSTOMER-us1t02qh- :

regards Neil.