The Famous Forry
The Famous Forry, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have my own business in the Domestic Appliance Repair established 1980
12112589

My Creda T322vw tumble dryer is working, but then stops for

My Creda T322vw tumble dryer is working, but then stops for a few days, and then just buzzes. It then works again for a while. I am not sure what the problem is. Can you please help?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  The Famous Forry replied 3 years ago.

FORRY :

Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX I have the solution to repairing your tumble dryer.

Customer :

Hi David. The dryer is put on the timer, at 120 minutes for example. It may or may not work for a while, and then just buzzes.

Customer :

What do you think it might be?

FORRY :

It sounds like the capacitor has failed. Cost of brand new capacitor £15

Customer :

Thank you David. Where would you suggest I get one from?

FORRY :

\\\\i can supply

Customer :

OK. How do we go about it?

FORRY :

Well the first thing to do is clarify it is at fault.

FORRY :

Where are you located?

Customer :

Wakefield

FORRY :

Is this the small or large tumble dryer. By large I mean the same size as the average washingmachine.

Customer :

Small...3kg

FORRY :

Ok , To confirm it is the capacitor we need to do a test or 2

FORRY :

The capacitor is in simple terms a kick starter. It provides the initial boost to get the motor turning.

Customer :

Ok

FORRY :

Please set your dryer to start and tell me what happens

Customer :

There's a whirr for half a second, and then the tumble dryer starts.

FORRY :

If it does not start, Do not let it buzz for to long as this will do permanent damage to the motor

Customer :

OK

FORRY :

Sometimes it does not start at all . Is that correct.

Customer :

Yes

Customer :

It just buzzes

FORRY :

Ok when it does not start at all and it just buzzes, open door whilst still in switched on position and spin the drum as fast as you can and shut the door as quick as you can , hopefully whilst the drum is still moving and then it should start. I understand you can not get much speed in the turn but if it is still turning slight when you shut the door it will work and this will confirm a capacitor is required.

FORRY :

Can you see a small pin on the back of the door.

Customer :

the buzzing is spasmodic and is not happening at the present time.

FORRY :

Can you see the pin

FORRY :

usually at about 12 o clock on the inside of the door

Customer :

Sorry, no pin

FORRY :

When you open door the dryer should stop. Does it?

Customer :

Yes

FORRY :

Well it is usually a pin going into a recess in the machine and hitting a switch and as you open the door it comes away from the switch and switches the machine off . Close door slowly and find where the switch is. Open and close at that point to find this switch if pos

FORRY :

This would have just helped to determine fault and if you can not find it , forget it and we will carry on.

FORRY :

Once you have confirmed it is the capacitor I can send one to your home address. Cost including delivery would be Capacitor £13.97 plus delivery £3.95. Total cost would be £17.92. You can pay via paypal if you have a paypal account.

FORRY :

I must go out right now and will be back at 5pm. You can always contact me at david.forrester4@btopenworld.com I can supply any domestic appliance parts from washing machine to cookers and dryers at best prices regards XXXXX XXXXX click the accept tab if I have helped you today.

Experience: I have my own business in the Domestic Appliance Repair established 1980