Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.

our siemens dishwasher is showing the problem code e.21. what

Customer Question

our siemens dishwasher is showing the problem code e.21. what does this mean?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

Can you post the E-Nr number of the appliance please?

This may be faintly etched across the top of the door.

What exactly happens if you cancel the current programme and start a new one?

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

E-Nr is SN66TO91EU/01.

If you stop the programme (we tried going from a full wash to just a rinse programme) the same thing happened: The programme started, ran for about 20 seconds, stopped and then the display showed e 21

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

When you try the machine, does it drain the water?

Does it refill?

Does it begin washing?

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Dear XXXXX

No it does not drain the water. The last time the machine was used it appeared to complete the programme ... there is a little water left in the drain hole.

No it does not fill and it does not start washing.

Chris

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, thanks for that.

E21 is listed as the circulation motor being faulty.

If you cancel the programme and start a new one, the first thing that should happen is the appliance should drain.

Does your machine do anything except display the error code?

Does the code come up immediately or can you select a programme and start it first?

Does it make any noise prior to the error code?

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We can select a programme and it will run for about 20 seconds.

The machine makes a whirring noise (as if it is dry), it runs for about 20 seconds, stops and then displays the error code.

If we then switch the power off and then back on we can select another programme.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, thanks for that.

E21 is listed in the service manual.

Unfortunately it's listed as the circulation pump faulty.

The only advice in the service manual is to replace the pump.

I'll opt out of the question and open it to all experts again.

One of the others may have a test that can prove or disprove the pump is faulty.

Good luck with it.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks very much for your help. I'll wait for further replies.