Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Hi, I have a Leisure Rangemaster 110 and the clock has

Customer Question

I have a Leisure Rangemaster 110 and the clock has broken so now I am unable to use the oven! Any help appreciated as have visitors this w/e and will need to be using the oven for meals etc!

is there a quick fix?

Thanks,
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

You could take the top off the appliance and gain access to the wiring to the clock.

Once there, it's possible to rewire it to bypass the clock/timer.

You'll need the actual model number, this is the 4 numbers on the top line of the label.

Normally seen when you take the drawer out.

Is it all electric? dual fuel? or all gas?

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
All gas
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

I would need the model number so I can see if I've got anything on it.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
OK..looking for the label!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It is Leisure rangemaster 110 Green (double Oven)

Also apologies, it does have an electric warming plate. Does this make it "duel fuel?"
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

No, you have gas hob and gas ovens.

It's the 4 digit number I need from the label on the appliance.

There are a few 110 green appliances and they have differences to them, normally in the wiring.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorry ..... 5331
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Any luck Fred?
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, thanks for that.

You now need to isolate the power and take the top off the appliance.

Take all the burners out and you should find some screws under the burners.

You also need to take the screws securing the flue grill to the hob top.

These are accessed from the rear.

Once this is off you'll find the hidden screws holding the hob top on.

Once you have access to the timer wiring, let me know.

Let me know what you have connected to the clock and let me know what markings are on the clock connections.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Oo dear - this sounds like a job for an engineer. I am a simple housewife!! Quite technical, but not to this level.

Does the clock need replacing or will I just be able to disconnect it? Currently, because it is flashing auto, gas will not come on. When I turn off the electricity, the gas hob works but NOT the oven. Therefore, I question whether the oven will work if we bypass the clock??
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

Yes, bypassing the timer will make the oven work.

Turn the power onto the appliance.

Press and hold the 1st 2 buttons on the left.

While holding them, press the + button.

Does the machine come off of auto?

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Used to, but not any more.

I have tried to take the back vent off, but altho I know there must be screws holding it on, I cannot see them, so fear they are behind which will involve pulling oven out. Sadly it is far too heavy for me to do, so feel I am unable to proceed. Is this right r am I missing something?!!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Used to, but not any more.

PS I can see through the vent that it is actually attched to the wall, so no luck even if I was strong!
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya

Yes, the screws do need the machine pulling out.

One more thing for you to try.

Pull the buttons out of the clock.

Clean them and put them back in.

I said previously buttons 1 and 2, the user manual says buttons 2 and 3.

Try pressing and holding 2 and 3 and while holding press + or -

Good luck with it.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
For a moment thought you had it - but sadly it only lasted 4 seconds!! Thanks for trying though.

Not sure how it will be able to come away from the wall, as I can see through the grill it is fixed to the wall...

is this usual?
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

All gas appliances have a safety chain.

You can pull the machine out so far and then unhook the chain.

Sorry it hasn't worked for you.

If you can't move the appliance and take the top off I can't help on bypassing the timer.

Good luck with it.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks very much for trying. Guess I will have to get a corgi engineer out and pray they can come before the w/e!

Thanks again,
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

Good luck.

No Corgi anymore by the way, it's now Gas Safe Registered.

Thanks