Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
13782322

i have a bosch single oven HBN331E0B 16amp 2.35 khw can i c

Customer Question

i have a bosch single oven HBN331E0B 16amp 2.35 khw can i c put it on a 13amp plug socket or can i put it on a terminal box with my hob and join it to the 30amp cooker switch they are both within 1 metre of cooker switch
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

If it's marked 16 amp it would be around 3.6kw.

If it's marked 16 amp, it can't go on a 13 amp plug.

If it's 2.35 kw then it should draw around 10 amps.

Bosch appliances normally are hard wire connect only.

You could wire the oven and hob together if the total load is less than the 30 amp supply.

Check the hob for the total KW on the label of it.

If the total load of the hob and the oven are less that 6.9kw, you can wire them into the 30 amp supply.

Hope this helps

let me know how it goes or if you need more help

Thanks

Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience: Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my hob is a neff and it is 6.600 kw, my single oven states on the back that it is 2.35 kwh cant understand why it is a 16amp not a 13amp

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

You can't run both off the same supply.

The hob alone is around 28 amps.

Sorry, you need to run another supply for the oven.

There is only 2 amp spare on the circuit.

It does state in the installation instructions that you should not connect the oven using a 13 amp plug or protect it with a 13 amp fuse.

Sorry.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thank you for your help you have given me different advice than I had about combining both on the cooker outlet 3 others have said it is fine to connect oven and hob together,

i will get electrician to fit it.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

Sorry, I see the potential load as a maximum of 38 amps.

You have a 30 amp switch, which I assume is on a 30 amp circuit.

Good luck with it.

Thanks