Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

my bosch washing machine ( waa24270gb) will not drain washed

my bosch washing machine ( waa24270gb) will not drain washed water, i can not see any problems with waste pipe and can not find filter if any, a E6 error comes up

If you look on the front of the washer in the bottom right corner is a round plastic disc cover. Prise this open from the top and the filter is just behind this.

Open up the filter and remove any debris which is in there. And also look at the back and you will see the pump impeller. Make sure this isnt jammed up. It should ping round in stages. If its stiff to turn the pump is at fault and will need to be replaced.

Then refit the filter and see how it goes from there. May need a few towels for this if its still full of water.

If you have the drain hose out lower it into a bucket as this should drain the water out by gravity. Just lift the hose up to stop the flow of water.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
this is a bosch Maxx5 modle E-NR :WAA24270GB/14 FD 8809 Type WIM5
on the frount there is no filter on the bottom right or at the back that i can see , yes the tube is full now and a beeping with E6 error the waste pipi is clear the tube will move freely on a wash but not fast rinse. i hope that this will help you

Sorry my fault. didnt look at the GB/14.

There isnt a filter on this model. But if you pull the washer out and then just lean it backwards against a wall. You may need someone to hold it for you.

Then from there look under it on the right hand side towards the front is the drain pump. Take this off and take off the hoses. Then from there you can check the pump for blockages and check the sump hoses aswell.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thank you. I have now removed the clothes, cleared the filters and pipe as per your instructions yet when I ask the washing machine to drain, it simply makes a humming noise, as if a motor is trying to work but can't.

That humming noise is the pump trying to run.

Its either jammed up or the pump itself is faulty.

Take the pump back off again and take the pump part off the plastic hoseing unit. Then if the impeller is jammed the X piece is the impeller then just free it off. Then try and turn it. It should ping round in stages. If its stiff to turn then its faulty and needs to be replaced.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
this seams to have solved everthing thank you very much
Hi. Glad you got it sorted. If you need anymore info just get back to me. Regards