Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
13782322

I have a Neff hob with four jets, one of which is blocked and

I have a Neff hob with four jets, one of which is blocked and receives no apparent gas flow
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

Take the burner and flame spreader off of the affected ring.

Look in and you'll see a nut with a tiny hole in it.

Use a thin needle to clear the hole.

Be careful not to enlarge the hole, just clean it out.

Refit the flame spreader and burner cap.

Try the hob again.

If still no gas it would suggest the gas valve for that ring is the cause of the problem.

Hope this helps

Let me know how it goes or if you need more help

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have done this. The spark bounces off the aluminium ring ok - quite strong but no sound of gas.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, you didn't say you'd tried cleaning the jet.

However, as you have, it narrows the fault down to the valve that controls the gas to that ring.

I can't advise on how to change this valve, for legal reasons.

I can only advise that you have a Gas Safe Registered engineer carry out the repair.

sorry

Edited by Fred Bloggs on 10/15/2010 at 2:09 PM EST
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
This last advice has produced a bit of progress - the ring is now lighting after clearing with needle but the gas pressure is very low, not enough to anything serious with. Is there a way of further cleaning out the jet please?
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

I'm really sorry but the law does prevent me advising if you have to break into a gas line.

The problem lies with the jet.

Clean the jet out.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can you suggest anything more I can do to clean the jet out - this seems to be the key - an aerosol or similar?
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

No Aerosol.

Just clear the hole in the jet.

You are able to buy replacement jets.

They screw in.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok - we're really getting somewhere now thanks. Should I be able to unscrew the existing jet for now, take it out, clean it, and then replace it? I could then buy a new jet this weekend.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

Sorry, I really can't advise on this part.

The jet needs cleaning.

How you clean it is down to you.

I can't advise you on how to repair your gas appliance if it involves breaking a gas connection.

You are nearly there though.

A socket would be handy.

Good luck with it.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Ok thanks. You've been very helpful - I'll sign the case off as complete now.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

Good luck with it.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can you tell me how I do sign off and pay - I can't find 'ACCEPT'
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

Sorry, I'll send this as an answer, it will allow you access to the Accept button.

Many thanks.

Good luck with the repair.

Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience: Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.