Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

My Bosch 1600 express washing machine is taking almost twice

Customer Question

My Bosch 1600 express washing machine is taking almost twice as long as it should to complete a proramme. When it shows 1 min on the programmer it hasn't even finished rinsing the the time chamges to show a further 29 mins or even longer remaining. I thought it was maybe down to exxcess foam in the machine but it still happens when no powder has been added. Would be grateful for any advice.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 6 years ago.

Hiya,

When you next try the machine, check to see if the water is getting hot during the wash.

Check to see if it's draining quickly enough and check to see if it's filling quickly enough.

Can you post the E-Nr number from the appliance please?

This should be on a label in the door recess.

Thanks

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi, The E-Nr is WFX3267GB/11FD8503700765

Will do as you advised next time I put washing on but as far as I could tell everything

seemed to be okay until the spin cycle when the machine filled up and it seemed as if

the wash or rinse cycle was being repeated. Machine seemed to fill up okay.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 6 years ago.

Hiya,

No problem.

Just post when you can.

Thanks

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Just ran a 30 deg easy care wash, machine filled, washed, rinsed and drained normally and finished at the coorect time! There seemed to be some foam in the washing cycle though no powder added. Will wash using a different cycle with clothes added tomorrow. Will get back i touch then.

Thanks

Expert:  Techdesk replied 6 years ago.

Hiya,

If you can do a 90 degree wash, with nothing in the machine, it will test the heater and also clean out any undissolved soap in the tub.

Thanks

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX this now.. Knowing my luck it will work fine until I add clothes to the machine!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi again,

Did a 90 degree wash with absolutely no probblems. Will try a normal load tomorrow and see what happens.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Loaded the washer and programmed a 40 deg wash with no spin..should have taken 31 mins. After an hour the machine was still washing so problem still there. Your advice greatly appreciated. Have deposited payment with the website.

Barbara

Expert:  Techdesk replied 6 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, this isn't making logical sense.

Adding clothes shouldn't make any difference at all.

Try the machine on the same programme with no clothes.

Thanks

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Have washed clothes on a 40 deg easy care programme should take 47 mins but took more than twice this time. Ditto using same programme without clothes. When programmer showing 1 minute left the machine is still going through wash cycle. After approximately 10 mins of the timer showing 1 minute it resets to 39 minutes. The machine heats up and fills and drains normally.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 6 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, thanks for that.

That rules the heater out.

The fault is likely to lie with the motor or the pressure switch.

If the motor has a lot of carbon dust in it, this can cause the problem you are having.

Similarly a sticky pressure switch can cause the problem.

I can only suggest unplugging the appliance, taking the rear cover off and taking the motor out of the appliance.

Clean it all out, replace it and try the machine again.

Good luck with it.

Thanks

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi, will get husband to do as you suggested.. will let you know the outcome.

Barbara

Expert:  Techdesk replied 6 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, good luck with it.

It's a difficult fault to trace I'm afraid so it's a case of going through each possible cause.

Good luck

Thanks

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi again

No carbon dust on motor... how do you access the pressure switch? Any other possible causes?

Barbara

Expert:  Techdesk replied 6 years ago.

Hiya,

The pressure switch is at the top of the machine.

It's a circular device with some wiring into it and a thin tube attached to it.

The thin tube goes down to the bottom part of the appliance.

Take the tube off.

Blow down it as hard and as long as you can to shift any debris.

Refit it and try the machine again.

After this, there are no checks, it's down to testing components with meters and replacing parts to try and cure the fault.

Sorry