Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
13782322

We have a Bosch washing machine classixx 6 1200s express.

We have a Bosch washing machine classixx 6 1200s express. It is about a year old. It was set to a cotton wash 40 degrees and it has stopped in the middle of a cycle without draining. Some of the spin speed indicator lights are flashing (1200, 800 and rinse hold) and it won't work on any cycle. Can you please assist.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

Can you post the actual model number of the appliance please?

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
That was a quick response!

E-NR: WAE2416SUK/21 FD 8904 100489

Think WAE2416SUK/21 is the model number.

My husband just pulled the washing machine out to get the model number. Whilst there, he opened the filter to get the water out of the machine. There was very little build-up in the filter (certainly wasn't blocked). Now, when turning the machine to a programme & pressing 'on', all 5 spin indicator lights flash but wash doesn't start.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, thanks for that.

If all 5 spin lights are flashing it indicates a failure of the main control board.

Unplug the appliance for 5 minutes.

Plug it back in.

Cancel the programme.

Select a spin only programme

Start it.

Let me know what happens.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thanks

5 minutes later...

Knob turned to off, switched back on at mains - no lights coming on.

Turned knob to 'spin', all 5 spin indicator lights flashing and the 'wash' light flashing.

Won't start (Start button not lit).

look forward to hearing from you, sort of ;-)
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

Sorry, all 5 lights are in the service manual and listed as "processor broken".

It would suggest that the main control board has failed.

You would need to replace the electronics in the machine to progress repair.

Turn the knob to off.

Turn the knob to the 6 o'clock position

Press and hold the spin button.

Turn the knob to the 7 o'clock position.

Keep holding the button for 5 seconds then release it.

Turn the knob to off.

Turn to any programme and try the machine again.

Let me know if it's still the same.

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
tried it once - didn't work
tried it again - now running a 30º wash!

in the long term, presume this is a problem to get fixed, or do you suppose it just need resetting?

thanks for you help, look forward to your reply
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

All we've done is reset the control board. A bit like restarting your computer.

Run it through a wash and see what happens.

The original flashing lights, if you number the column of spin speed lights with 1 at the top, which numbers were flashing?

Thanks

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi there

Originally it was 1, 3 and 5. However, after emptying the machine, all 5 were flashing.

Thanks
Expert:  Techdesk replied 3 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, thanks for that.

1, 3 and 5 indicate a fault in the motor circuit.

After several attempts it leads to a fatal error.

There are 3 causes listed, a triac (on the main control board) , a speed sensor (on the motor) and a hardware failure (motor and / or control board).

I would run the machine on a few washes to check if it's ok.

If it fails again with 1, 3 and 5 or all 5, call Bosch.

The FD number of your appliance would indicate it's still under warranty with Bosch.

Bosch have a 2 year warranty on their appliances.

Hopefully it was just a glitch and the reset has sorted it out.

Hope this has helped

Let me know how it goes or if you need more help

Thanks

Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience: Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.