Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

My Hotpoint Aquarius washing machine lights are all flashing

My Hotpoint Aquarius washing machine lights are all flashing rapidly (except for start/cancel). I've tried switching off at the wall and leaving for over an hour but no good. Tried holding down on/off buton but no good. Machine keeps of flashing. Your help would be appreciated.

Can you post the model number please.

Also just to confirm is it all the lights flashing?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

The Model is WF541 1400 Spin

All the lights are flashing rapidly.

Ok thanks for that.

But not good news im afraid. Normally when it does this its the main control board at the back.

What you can try first is pull the washer out and take off the back cover. Then on the left you will see the main control board. Take this out and then 1 wiring block at a time take them off and refit them. This just tightens the connections on the board.

Then retry machine and see if it works then. If it doesnt then the main control board will need to be replaced. But for this the best opition will be to get hotpoint in to repair on there fixed price repair which is about £100. This is cheaper then you buying the board yourself as they will need to programe it anyway.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.