SparePartsPro
SparePartsPro, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Mech / Electrical Tech, Appliance Service Tech, PAT Test Eng

My AEG OKO Lavamat 74640 Update Ser no 21655070 washing machine

Customer Question

My AEG OKO Lavamat 74640 Update Ser no 21655070 washing machine has broken down, the engineer thinks the bearings are gone, cost around £300. If I have to get a new one, I'd like one that is free standing (under worktop), has a timer, can handle half loads, is big enough to cope with washing for small B&B. So mostly cotton 40 degrees, sometimes wool or other delicate items. I also got dogs and horses, so something where the filter is easy to clean.

Can you recommend a machine that would fit the requirements ?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  SparePartsPro replied 3 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
SparePartsPro :

Hi There

In my oppinion the Top Loading Whirlpool Washer is an ideal candidate for the type of work you have outlined.
regards Tony Thank you for using Just Answer?

SparePartsPro :

Expect to pay around £600 for the 8kG version. They are larger in size than the standard front loader but are superior and will run in excess of 10 years or more with only minor service repairs.

Customer :

Sorry, but I need something to go UNDER the worktop in my kitchen (see my question). I also prefer AEG, Miele or Siemens appliances to Whirlpool.

SparePartsPro :

Hi There

That's OK, it was my recommendation only as requested.

regards Tony

Customer :

Hi Tony,

Customer :

sorry but a top loading just does not work in the given situation. It is a small kitchen so it has to go under the worktop.

What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.