Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Hi I am installing a Beko DW600 dishwasher and trying to balance

Hi I am installing a Beko DW600 dishwasher and trying to balance the door. The instructions are not too clear as they have different options for different machines and I am not sure if I need to take the side panels off to get to the springs, or just by turning the screws that are near the top on either side of the door. I have tried turning the screws (in both directions) but that doesn't seem to be the answer. I have not yet put the cupboard door panel on, as my wife is impatient to use the dishwasher, but I wouldn't have thought that would make any difference.

Thanks

Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Royzee :

Hi John

Customer :

hi

Royzee :

This dishwasher has the facia panel that you fit to match your kitchen, correct?

Customer :

yes that is correct

Royzee :

And, my guess is that at the moment the door keeps closing virtually by itself, Corret?

Customer :

yes

Royzee :

Great, thanks

Royzee :

OK

Royzee :

you cant adjust the door till you fit the panel

Royzee :

either

Royzee :

You struggle tonight, so you can use it

Royzee :

or

Royzee :

she has to wait

Royzee :

sorry about that

Royzee :

The reason is

Royzee :

the door is counterbalanced with the springs

Royzee :

and

Customer :

OK - so when the panel is fitted it should work by just adjusting the screws

Royzee :

you can only do this when you know the weight of the door

Royzee :

Correct

Royzee :

There should be no need to take the sides off at all

Customer :

OK, thanks, XXXXX XXXXX looks like my wife will have to wash up the old fashioned way. My wife asks if the £11 includes you popping over to do the washing up

Royzee :

lol

Royzee :

only if it includes the dinner

Customer :

thanks very much and bye for now

Royzee :

I hope this answers your question and you click the accept button for me, as this is how I get paid for helping you.

Thanks

Rob

Royzee :

Your welcome

Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.