Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

own Zanussi Electrolux Aquacycle 1600 washing machine. It has

Customer Question

own Zanussi Electrolux Aquacycle 1600 washing machine. It has developed an intermitent fault whereby the machine starts fine, but then stops mid cycle. There is no power loss, but the indicator light indicates that the cycle finished. This has happened various programs, usually on the rinse cycle. The machine seems to be pumping out fine. The fault is now occuring more often - basically on every other wash and now it just stopped working where the water was not drain properly. I'm sure the filter is alright because i checked it before loading my laundry. Any solution?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 years ago.

Hi

Can you post the model number please.

Also if you set it to a spin will it drain out then?

If not is there a humming noise coming from the filter?

Regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

THE MODEL IS ZWX 1605W.

EVEN IF I SET IT TO SPIN OR DRAIN MODE THE WATER WONT COME OUT OR DRAIN. I BELIEVED THERE WAS NO HUMMING NOISE FROM THE FILTER.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 years ago.

Hi

Ok lets see if theres an error code in there. To do this turn machine on to any cycle and let it light up.

Then press and hold the start/pause button and the reset button together.

Keep them held in for a few seconds and then an error code will come up.

If you have a display screen you will get E??

If you dont then the end light and the start light will be flashing. Count the number of flashes from each of them inbetween the pause and let me know. Start with the end light first.

Regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I DID EVERYTHING YOU TOLD ME, MY MACHINE DOESN'T HAVE A DISPLAY SO I COUNTED THE FLASHES FROM EACH OF THEM. THE START AND END FLASHES TOGETHER AT THE SAME TIME BUT THERE IS ONE ADDITIONAL FLASHING FROM THE END BEFORE BOTH LIGHT FLASH TOGETHER AGAIN.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 years ago.

Hi

Sorry you need to count the number of flashes from each light

Or was it the end light flashed 2 times and the start light was just once?

I just need to double check .

Regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

YAP! THE END LIGHT FLASHED TWICE AND THE START LIGHT FLASHED ONCE ONLY.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 years ago.

Hi

Ok thanks for that. Thats E21 error code which is either a blocked drain pump or a faulty pump.

Just double check the filter again. If thats fine then you will need to take off the drain pump and check its not blocked. To take it off you will need to get the water out. To do this pull the drain hose out and lower it into a bucket. This will allow the water to drain out. Just lift the hose up to stop the flow of water.

Then when the water is out tip machine back and look underneath. You will see the pump atteched onto the filter. Take if off and remove anydebris thats in there.

Also make sure the impeller turns. It should ping round in stages. If its stiff then it will need to be replaced.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards