SparePartsPro
SparePartsPro, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Mech / Electrical Tech, Appliance Service Tech, PAT Test Eng
41227295

Bosch Dishwasher - not cleaning properly - leaving bits on

Customer Question

Bosch Dishwasher - not cleaning properly - leaving bits on dishes
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  SparePartsPro replied 4 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
SparePartsPro :

Hi There

Can you post a model number so we can take a look.

regards Tony

Thank you for using Just Answer?

Customer:

SGV4313GB/13 - just to let you know the machine seems to function ok - it gets hot, it pumps out ok and the tablet dispenser operates but the dishes are not clean at the end of a cycle?. I had interrupted the cycle to catch the operation of the spray arms. The bottom arm appeared to revolve more than the top so I checked / cleaned the ducting and purchased a replacement top spray assembly. Residue still remains on dishes after washing. I am not sure how the pump cycle works should there be uniform pressure to both spray arms simultaneously or does each arm function independently? Your thoughts here appreciated.

SparePartsPro :

OK you might have to get involved here as you need to take some side panels off.
On the left side looking from front is a metering tank. At the base is a flow meter with float. From there s a flexi hose that delivers water into the dishwasher.
This has a tendency to build up with gunge.
Take the tube of and give it a good clean out.
Let me know how you get on.

regard Tony

Customer:

How do you remove the side panels? do you have a schematic to help?

SparePartsPro :

Please find attched drawing for your perusal.

Full Size Image

SparePartsPro :

Hope that helps.

regards Tony

Customer:

Having looked under the side panel it wouldappear that there is a build up of residue / gunge in the reservoir and the float unit and pipeasyou suggested. Is there anything I can use to flush this out? Or should I replace these 3 parts with new? I am not sure how the hose is retained do I unsrew something? What would be the approximate charge for an engineer to visit and replace these parts? I need to weigh up how much cost and effort is required against buying a new replacement?

SparePartsPro :

The flexi hose should be a push on so with a bit of jiggery pokery the hose should come off.
Infact most of tose parts are easily removed.
Clean them in Bi-Carb and boiling water. Use a bottle brush to get to hard to reach places.
You'll find the appliance will work as new once you have cleaned those bits out.
Once back together run the wash cycle with nothing in it using a cleaning agent like Calgon.

regards Tony

Customer:

Thanks for the encouragement to persevere with itTony I'll give it a go on Saturday morning and let you know how I got on!

SparePartsPro :

No problem, just come back when ever you are ready.

regards Tony