SparePartsPro
SparePartsPro, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Mech / Electrical Tech, Appliance Service Tech, PAT Test Eng

how do i split the drum on a zanussi washing machine to fit

Customer Question

how do i split the drum on a zanussi washing machine to fit new bearings,. have been told this is necessary. The drum seems to be sealed with no means of separating the two sections.Any help will be much appreciated. Kevin.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  SparePartsPro replied 3 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
SparePartsPro, Appliance Technician
Experience: Mech / Electrical Tech, Appliance Service Tech, PAT Test Eng
Hi There

Please post the model number and PNC number here so we can take a look.

regards Tony

Thank you for using Just Answer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
MODEL NO-zwf1221w
Typ p684764, ser n71600022.hope these numbers are helpful as i am not familiar with the pcn number. Regards Kevin.
Hi There

TAke the lid off the appliance and note the construction of the drum.
It's very likely to be a plastic drum with a half joint running round its periphery secures with screws.
If this is what you see then you need to remove the complete drum before you split the drum.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi have drum out and there is a rim that looks like a half joint but it seems to be stuck together as there are no screws to be seen keeping the drum together so i was wondering if there was any other way to get the bearings out Regards Kevin.
The screws that hold it together on the half joint would be visible from the top of the machine.
If having taken the drum out you don't have those screws then it is a welded drum that can not be separated.
You would be required to change the complete drum assembly.
If you can find the PNC number I can let you know the correct part number.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
where would i find the PNC number would it be on the plate with the other numbers
Regards Kevin.
If you look on the inside of the door of the machine there is a label with the number printed on it together with the model number.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
hi,the number is-Pr N914215203(04)
Regards Kevin.
Hi Kevin

Thanks for that.
The complete drum assembly can be ordered HERE
THe part number is #1268576301

Hope that helps.

regards Tony
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Tony,that is great thanks for all the help and i will probably be back again.Once again
many thanks. Regards Kevin.
No problem.

Good luck with that and take care.

regards Tony