Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

my washing has soap scum marks on clothes after it has been

my washing has soap scum marks on clothes after it has been on the 1600 spin I have the ultima 960p . I have boil washed it twice but still have a problem any ideas ?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 years ago.

Hi

Is this a hotpoint washer? If so can you post the full model number please.

Also does it seem to go through the cycle ok?

Are you getting any flashing lights from the front panel?

Regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
hotpoint wmd960p .Yes washes absolutely fine even on 800 spin no marks only 1600. No flashing lights
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 years ago.

Hi

Ok if you peel the door seal back a bit do you see any muck in there?

Is there a musty smell inside the machine?

Regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no as i wipe it out well after every wash. I boil washed it empty with soda crystals to. No odour either .
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 years ago.

Hi

Ok so you arent getting any error codes or flashing lights.

So whats happening here now?

Is it filling and draining ok?

Will it spin fine?

Is it just leavin soap still on the clothes?

Regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes to all of those .Its like a grey greasy scum looks like mix of washing powder/liquid and softener
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 years ago.

Hi

Ok sounds like it has a bulid up of scum all inside the drum.

You say you do a boil wash on it. How often do you do this?

Regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ive done it twice yesterday and once today
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 years ago.

Hi

Ok this is going to take a bit to get rid of it.

What you need to do is 1 boil wash either every day or every other day for a week.

Run it empty and with a bit of soap powder.

Then do 1 once a week for about a month. Then do it once a month then to keep on top of it. It will take a bit to get rid of it all but it will go.

Regards

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.