Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
13782322

I have a beko tall freezer Aclass Frost Free. The red warning

I have a beko tall freezer Aclass Frost Free.
The red warning light is flashing and the food is getting soft
It is not under the guarentee now - what should I do?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

The red warning light is just telling you it's too warm in the appliance.

Can you post the actual model number of the appliance please?

This will be on a label inside the fridge, sometimes behind the salad drawers.

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
TZDA524FW
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

Thanks for that.

Is the display lit up?

At the bottom rear of the appliance is the compressor.

Is this running?

If it is, is it very hot?

Inside the freezer, is there ice under the bottom basket?

The evaporator is at the top of the freezer, open the cover over it to see if it's blocked with ice.

Let me know what you find.

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
display is lit up
compressor is running and very hot
Yes there is ice under bottom basket

not sure what the cover looks like or the evaporator
at top!
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

Open the freezer door.

At the top of the cavity, you'll see the cover over the evaporator.

Do you hear the fan inside the freezer running?

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes I can hear it
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes I can hear it
I have removed all the trays and can see some ice over some of the vents. What should |I do
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

Basically, the evaporator is blocked with ice so there's no circulation of cold air.

You'll need to find somewhere to store your food first.

Once the freezer is empty, simply switch it off and leave it with the door open for 24 hours to fully defrost.

Once fully defrosted, turn it back on and it should work again.

Alternatively, empty the freezer, unplug it, take the cover off the evaporator and use a steamer or similar to defrost all of the ice in the appliance.

Hope this helps

Let me know how it goes or if you need more help

Thanks

Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience: Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sadly - I`ll have to chuck most of the food but I`m confident
it will work ok once the ice has melted. Thanx 4 the help
your good reputation shall remain good :-)