Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

I have a hotpoint aquarius WMF520 Washing machine that will

I have a hotpoint aquarius WMF520 Washing machine that will not complete a cycle it starts showing "H20" on the screen and will not spin.
Hi. H20 indecates a filling problem. What you need to check is the water taps are turned on and that the water pressure in the hose is good. Take the hose off the washer end and aim it in a bucket. Then turn tap on and see what the pressures like. If its ok then take the top off and locate the pressure switch. Its normally round and has a few wires going to it and a thin hose. Take this hose off and blow hard down it to clear the pressure chamber at the bottom. Then refit it and try machine again and see what happens. Let me know what you find or if you need anymore info. Regards
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
at this stage the clothes are fully washed and soaking , we are trying to get the machine to spin dry. I don't see how this can be a filling problem, could it be a pumping out problem?
Hi. Ok if it won't drain then that could be why its came up h20 but normally a draing error gives another error code. But what you can try is take off the plastic trim at the bottom and on some models there's a filter there. Check that. If you don't have a filter then you need to take off the back and from there you will see a black hose. Take this off as this is the internal filter. Then when all clear refit it ans see how it goes from there. Regards