Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
13782322

my Whirlpool AWM 8163/3 washing machine is flashing F11. can

Customer Question

my Whirlpool AWM 8163/3 washing machine is flashing F11. can anyone help me
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Mr. Appliance replied 4 years ago.
please remember we are not in your home to do the repair or test our self and cant always be 100% and can always overlook something / thanks

you will have to replace the CCU (central control unit) control board

Potential Causes

• Check Wire Harness connections to the MCU, the motor, and Central Control Unit (CCU)
• Check the Drive system for any worn or failed components
• Check MCU
• Check CCU
• Check Motor
• Check Wire Harness

Replace failed component.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for that.

I think it was praps a mistake saying that I had replaced brushes it makes me sound as if I know what I'm doing. Wrong. It took a lot of instruction from the expert getting there but I did manage in the end.

I don't know any of those components you have mentioned or where they are situated. I think last time the first answer was to replace the central control unit CCU but that was an expensive option and as it happened, not the real problem.

Can you tell me in laymans terms and as simple as possible please then I can go and check them out.
Look forward to your reply
since you have replaced the brushes than the MCU is ok and the control board will be the problem
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I've looked for spare parts under central control unit and it didn't come up with anything for a washing machine, so I've looked under Control Board and it came up with Control Board Support. Unfortunately no picture of the part so I can't check if it looks familiar. Is this the same thing? What does the part look like and where does it sit in the machine. I have the lid off so I can see inside. Is it easy to fit.

Also how can I check the drive system? I'm guessing the wire harness looks like it sounds.

Thank you
can you send me the complete model number please
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes it's Whirlpool AAA class 6th sense 1600 spin AWM 8163/3

Service No 8570 816 15230

Thanks
this turns out to be a UK made washer so i cant get the part numbers or pull up the model ,,, you have to contact a local appliance parts dealer for the part number / thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Larry

Sorry not answered but still trying to sort out this problem with spare parts.

Praps have better luck today.

Can I just check again with you. Do you feel 100% that it is the Control Board?

The only reason I don't feel totally confident in my mind about this is because I don't feel that I have been able to make any checks on other parts of the machine such as those you mentioned in your first email. eg wire harness, check drive system for any failed components etc. 'cause I don't have any instruction on how to do this? .
Last time when my machine was flashing F07 I was given the the same diagnosis (control board) but with a bit more information and help on what to look for, it turned out to be the carbon brushes, so that saved me a lot of money (and time).

Also because I don't know what the Control Board looks like or where it is, or if it is easy to fit, it's a lot of money for me to pay out if I don't feel I am able to do it. I feel in the dark.
Hope you can help.

Regards

i understand and if i was you and the parts cost so much i would call in a tech and let them check it out completely with his meters before buying anything / thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Obviously not the answer I was looking for................... but thanks anyway.
your welcome
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: because of the washing machine being made in the UK, the expert (USA)was unable to get the part no. or pull up the model.
Also he was too technical.
because of the washing machine being made in the UK, the expert (USA)was unable to get the part no. or pull up the model.
Also he was too technical
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

It's good to hear that you managed to repair your machine previously using the advice I gave you.

I've asked that your question be moved to the UK appliance category.

I've put a link below to your 1st question in case you want to complete the thread on it.

Click here to see your 1st question

Thanks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clicking on Accept is the only way we Experts are paid.

Please don't forget to conclude the transaction.

Thanks