Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

My indesit washer wont engage the spin cycle. It was spinn

Customer Question

My indesit washer won't engage the spin cycle. It was spinning yesterday, then I tilted it about 20 degrees back to clear the pump. After emptying the pump, it drains water successfully but now it won't spin. I have experimented with many different cycles. there is no sound or movement at the normal moments when the frontloader should normally begin turning. I have taken the back cover pannel off, and the belt looks fine, and the electircal is all sound. It seems to me there is a "shake" sensor that might be depressed causing it to not turn. how can I trouble shoot this situation?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

Can you post the model number of the appliance please?

When you try to use the appliance now on a new programme, what exactly happens?

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It is the WIL103

When I start any action, it begins by evacuating water. I don't think there is any water pooling there, because I drained it all manually myself. But the machine seems to initiate this process for a long time regardless what setting I choose. It is as though a sensor is telling it to "empty" before doing anything else.
When I dismantled the pump, it was stuffed full of hair pins and fabric. It did still partly function, but obviously the clean out needed to be done. In emptying it I have apparently caused a new problem.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

If the drain pump is running all the time and no error code is ever shown by flashing lights, it would suggest a problem with the main control board.

Unplug the appliance.

Take the rear cover off.

The main control board is bottom left when viewed from the rear.

Take the board out and one plug at a time, unplug, check it's clean, dry and tight fitting, plug back on.

Check the board for any obvious damage.

Refit the board and try the machine again.

Let me know what happens.

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you very much for circulating this in UK, and for the guidance. I'm afraid I couldn't keep the machine dismantled out past the weekend. I had the idea it might be that someone would stay on "chat" as I was working on it. I do appreciate the effort, but its not been adequately helpful.
Regards, Andrew
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Sorry you didn't find the service helpful.

Unfortunately I'm not able to predict when a post will be made nor can I tell if you are actually working on the appliance.

My last request would have needed the machine to be working so not sure what you mean by "keep the machine dismantled" as there's nothing in your question to intimate that the machine is in bits.

There is no live chat so unless you pass specific information to us, we won't know when you intend reading our posts or responding to them.

I'll opt out of your question now and open the question to all experts again.

Perhaps one of the other experts will pick the question up when they finish work tonight.