Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a hoover dishwasher machine Nextra HND 315 it doesnt

I have a hoover dishwasher machine Nextra HND 315 it doesnt drain and when switched on the light comes on but nothing happens.
Any advice please
Mike, Kent UK
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 years ago.

Hi

When you start it going do you hear a slight humming noise from the bottom?

Regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes slight humming noise nothing else. Ie programme cycle doesnt work.
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 years ago.

Hi

Ok the humming noise will be the pump. It sounds like its jammed up.

What you need to do is scoop the water out from inside the machine. Then take off the plastic cover at the front and the side panels to get access to the pump.

Then when the covers are off take off the drain pump and clear any debris thats in there.

Then when the pump is clear refit it and try machine again.

Hopefully it should be back to normall then.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Have tried to get front plastic cover off but the side flanges only bend to nearly breaking. Doesnt look like it is meant to come off but might just be me?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 years ago.

Hi

The front cover will come off. You may need to open the door fully and then bend down and look under there. There should be a few screws holding it on.

Then with that off with the door open the side panels should have a few screws at the front there.

Regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks. Cover off which is the pump is it the big circular thing with grey pie coming out the middle or the bit to the side of this connected to the grey outlet pipe. ?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 years ago.

Hi

Its the one that has the outlet hose connected to it.

Regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Lay unit down on its side to get underneath. Checked outlet hose and took pump? off it had a bayonet type fixing with three black clips and one screw. Nothing much to see debris wise . Am I looking in the right place?
Plugged back in to see if this might have worked but same thing light on low noise nothing else.
Any advice ?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 years ago.

Hi

You need to take the pump out from its houseing.

Take the pump out again and then look at the pump. You will see 3 screws holding the pump onto the black houseing unit. Take these out and then the pump will split and you can clear what evers stuck in there.

Regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Do you mean the black cylindrical bit with 3 bayonet clips.
The motor with copper wire is hot I assume you dont mean that bit?
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 years ago.

Hi

Thats it the 2 will split just take out the 3 screws and they will pull apart.

The pump will be hot cause its jammed up and trying to run so just take it apart and clear it.

Regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Took off 3 screws above the main motor unit which fixed the plastic top which had shaped fins inside. the whole unit on a leg which moves over . Looked inside no debris etc.
Connected back up.
Motor still hot but no action.
Please advise.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 years ago.

Hi

Ok if theres nothing in there and the pumps hot then the pump is faulty and will need to be replaced im afraid.

As the power to the pump is fine thats why its getting hot. The pumps trying to run.

It will be the pump thats jammed up itself then which will need to be replaced.

Regards

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.