Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
13782322

I am having a problem with my dishwasher model ESL624, it will

I am having a problem with my dishwasher model ESL624, it will not complete its cycle, it is getting stuck mid cycle. If I disconnected the water and then started a new cycle it would complete the cycle, also if i moved on the dial it would start again and finish the cycle both of these worked for some time but now it will not complete the cycle at all. Could you please give me some pointers.
Hiya okldusf,

This sounds typical of a bad timer control. That's why when you move the dial forward,
it continues. Unfortunately, the only way to know for sure is to have a hands on tech test this timer with electronic equipment on location.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I am an electrician so I would be able to chek the timer myself. I have not taken the covers off the dial yet, is the timer part of the dial or is it seperate ? Does the timer just move on the dial ? Is there typically only one output from the timer or multiple outputs for the different components ?

Is this unit from the UK or the US?
o

Edited by Neilwill on 4/8/2010 at 1:19 PM EST
It seems this is a UK unit.

There typically only one output from the timer.
But you will have to open it and see. I am not that familiar with this model.
Not usually a hard task.

Edited by Neilwill on 4/8/2010 at 1:22 PM EST

Hiya,

Your question has come across to the UK appliance category.

When the appliance stops mid cycle, is it empty of water?

Do you hear a hum or buzz from the bottom rear?

Thanks

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
There is normally water in the bottom and a quiet hum. The dishes will be wet and not completely clean but almost.

Hiya,

Thanks for that.

Unplug the appliance and take the left side panel off.

Check for blockages in the metering tank (large tank on the side) and in the hoses to/from it.

Clean it all out and try the machine again.

There is a small hose going to the top of the inlet valve.

Water is spilling over, going into this hose and locking the valve.

You could turn the water supply valve right down so water comes in much slower to see if it will work. If it does, you have restrictions causing back pressure.

If it still locks out, you have a near blockage.

Hope this is of some help

Let me know how it goes or if you need more help

Thanks

Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience: Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Done this last night. Found a small pipe going from the bottom of the metering tank to the drain pump. This was almost completely blocked. The metering tank seems to have some type of brown material in a large rectangular area of the bottom third, I am thinking that this is some type of filter, would this be correct ? water flows fine through this material. I have not tried the machine yet as I did not finish until late.

Hiya,

Yes, the material is the water softening unit.

That should be there.

Let me know how it goes when you try the machine out.

Good luck with it.

Thanks

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

It got worse when I started the machine, but I discovered that this was my own fault as I has not reconnected the pressure switch pipe. Now perfect.

Thanks.

Hiya,

Thanks for letting me know how it went.

Glad you got the machine working again.

Thank you for the payment, it is appreciated.

Good luck with the appliance.

Thanks