Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.

electric touch control ceramic hob will not turn on. L showing

Customer Question

electric touch control ceramic hob will not turn on. L showing where + normally is.
moel 56C Series No. 44427873. Is this worth fixing?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
Hi it's likely the problem is a bad touch pad. This part is quite expensive, so it really boils down to what kind of shape the hob is in and how much do you like it or would you prefer new. If the hob Is in great shape it might be worth fixing.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
How do you fix this as the hob is fairly new. This answer is of no use to me otherwise. Is L indicating something?
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
where are you located? Uk or Canada?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Expert:  Mike replied 6 years ago.
I have opted out, you were passed to US appliance. You need some one from UK appliance. Someone will be along to help you shortly. Mike
Expert:  Techdesk replied 6 years ago.

Can you check the model number of your appliance please?

56c is too short.

There should be a product number on the label on the underside of the hob, this begins with 9. Prefix it with A and post it here.

I'll be able to assist you with either a full model number or the product number.