Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Proline ps060fw single oven.Oven keeps switching itself off

Proline ps060fw single oven.Oven keeps switching itself off when trying to cook a joint,more often at high temperature and if the if is quite full with say a large turkey it switches off more regularly.When I say switches off the thermostat light goes out and also the oven light although the fan continues.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 years ago.

Hi

Does the front control panel seem to get very hot?

Can you feel a fan blowing air through the front at the top of the door?

How long does it take for it to come back on?

Regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The front control panel does not get very hot but you can feel air blowing through at the top of the door.Depending on how high temperature you set depends on the time it takes to come back on.On sunday we set it at 220 but kept going off and on every two minutes.When we reduced temp. to 170 it stayed on all the time.If we had set it at 250 it would have stayed off for say five to ten minutes before coming back on for a short period of time.Hope this helps. Regards Phil
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 years ago.

Hi

Ok there isnt much techincal info on these machines so i dont know what parts you have fitted.

But going of the fault you describe it could possible be a thermal cut out stat thats faulty.

Try pulling machine out and take the top and back panels off.

Have a look on the back to see if theres a small thermostat. It will have 2 wires going to it. Check to see if its burnt out or loose wires as if there is then this will cause the problem.

Also with the top off have a look at the switchs there. Just make sure the selector switch isnt burnt out. As these are the most common problems for causeing this fault.

If you need anymore info just gte back to me.

Regards

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.