Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
13782322

Whirlpool american fridge freezer 6th sense. Filter light

Whirlpool american fridge freezer 6th sense.
Filter light went red so replaced filter but light still red.
Manual says press Filter Button until green. No 'Filter Button' but tried all buttons.
No change.
Ice not making.
What to do now.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

Can you post the model number of the appliance please?

It's on a label on the right wall of the fridge.

You have to remove the top drawer to view it.

Was the machine making ice before you replaced the filter?

Is it dispensing water?

Is the light on orange or definitely red?

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Mod No. 20RU - D3JJ
It is dispensing water.
It is now making ice.
Light is definitely red and still red.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, thanks for that.

Do you have a button marked OK?

If you do, press and hold this till the light goes green.

If you don't, there should be a button next to the filter light marked reset.

Press and hold this till the light goes green.

Unfortunately I can't get a user manual from Whirlpool online for your model.

Hope this helps

Let me know how it goes or if you need more help

Thanks

Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience: Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No button marked 'ok'. Have held button marked 'reset alarm' for period of time but to no avail.
I am away myself to work now. If you think of anything else let me know.
Many thanks.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

All I can tell you is, when I worked for Whirlpool we had a lot of call outs for filters not resetting.

They had to change the orange led on the newer machines as it was a dark orange and was mistaken for red.

If your machine has the dark orange led, then it won't reset until the led changes to dark red. (Hope that makes sense).

It's not the reset alarm button, that's the middle of the panel, it's the reset button next to the filter light.

Unfortunately the user manual for your appliance isn't available so I can't see which facia panel your machine is fitted with.

Check that the filter light isn't a button too.

Good luck with it.

Thanks

Edited by Fred Bloggs on 4/1/2010 at 12:14 PM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Was unable to access fridge again until today. Red filter light was now flashing and when I pressed 'reset alarm' it went off so everything OK. Dont think you solved it but thank you for your time and I accept charge.