Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

Hi, I have got an error cod e24 on my siemens dishwasher.

Customer Question

Hi, I have got an error cod e24 on my siemens dishwasher. I have taken the machine out and can see that there is a clog in the plastic casing on its left side. How do I get this unclogged without damageing the whole machine? There must be a way to flush it out you would think. Thank you for your help.

/Jorun
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

Error 24 normally indicates a failure to drain.

What actually happens when you try to use the appliance?

Can you post the actual model or E-Nr number from the appliance please?

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The E nr is SX65T09EU/01

Nothing happens, it just beeps and gives the error message.

/J

Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, thanks for that.

Does it do this straight away or after a short period of time?

When you start a new programme, do you hear the drain pump run or a hum from the bottom of the machine?

Did the machine stop full or empty of water?

Thanks

Edited by Fred Bloggs on 3/30/2010 at 10:58 AM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Well, the beep starts right a way or after 15 sec about. The pump is working. I took a picture of the clog which is quite visable. graphic

Can you see the picture?

/J

Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

Sorry, the picture isn't showing up.

If you upload the picture to www.rapidshare.com and post the link here I'll be able to see it.

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

Thanks for that.

You would have to take the metering tank off of the appliance and try backflushing it with the garden hose.

When it's off the machine you could try getting some Cillit Bang into the blockage and leaving it to do it's work for a while, then flushing it out.

Unfortunately, if it's blocked and you can't clear it, you have to replace it.

Once cleared, let me know what happens.

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your help. I don't know what I will do. I will have to think it over. Thank you.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

One more thing, I read the error code wrong.

It actually means there's not water getting in.

Sorry.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
So then what do I do?? With the information you already have???
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

The first thing to check is that water is actually being supplied to the appliance and is turned on.

If it is, the next thing to check is the inlet valve, do you hear it buzzing?

If it's the aquastop type, this will be the large item attached to the plumbing, is this buzzing?

Does any water enter the appliance?

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Fantastic, it works... Laughing

Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

What was the problem?

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Beats me. But when I tried to turn off an on the water it worked again. Mystery... Tongue out
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

If it comes back, just post here again.

See if there's anything we can find.

Good luck with the appliance.

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you. I will.