Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
13782322

hotpoint aquarius wf340 when spinning sounds like rocks in

hotpoint aquarius wf340
when spinning sounds like rocks in drum
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

Open the door of the appliance and with your palm upward, gently lift the inner drum by it's outer edge until the weight of the outer tub comes on.

Is there a lot of movement?

Press down on the bottom inside of the inner drum and rotate (swing) the drum side to side. Does it feel or sound rough?

If the drum is ok, unplug the appliance and take the top off.

Check the weight on top is tight and that the bolts haven't slackened off.

Pull the machine out, tilt it rearward a bit (you'll need someone to hold it) and check the bottom weight isn't slack. (bottom weight is on the bottom front of the tub).

Let me know what you find.

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Is there a lot of movement? Drum moves about 2 inches

Press down on the bottom inside of the inner drum and rotate (swing) the drum side to side. Does it feel or sound rough? Feels a little rough when rotated

Let me know what you find. All weights are tight

sorry for delay had to go to work

Thanks

Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

Thanks for that.

From what you say it appears the bearings have gone in your appliance.

It's a major job to change them (If you don't have the plastic welded tub).

The entire tub assembly has to come out and then that in turn has to be taken apart.

You need to have bearing puller and insertion tools too.

If it's the welded tub, you have to change the entire assembly.

Hotpoint will repair the appliance for a fixed sum (Just over £100 last time I heard) and this includes all parts and labour.

You would have to call them to get their latest price.

If you want to try and do it yourself, let me know and I'll try to help you as far as I can.

Hope this is of some help

Let me know how it goes or if you need more help

Thanks

Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience: Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.