Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
13782322

My Electrolux EDI97170W dryer is flashing ECO in red on the

My Electrolux EDI97170W dryer is flashing ECO in red on the display, beeping and I just discovered that it is leaking from somewhere underneath. I have emptied all the filters (following the manual) but nothing seems to help. The ECO display is not mentioned in the manual. What could be the problem?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  MasterAppliance replied 4 years ago.
is this a dryer or a washer. what is it leaking under the unit?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It's a dryer (not washer/dryer). There is water dripping from what looks like the front part of the dryer but I can't lift it to see exactly where the leak is coming from.
im going to opt out and sent you to the UK appliance experts.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok, does this mean I have to post my query again?
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

Switch the appliance on.

Once it has initialised on the display, press and hold together the start/pause and nearest button to the left of it.

Press them together and hold them.

After a time you should get an error code displayed.

Let me have the error code.

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The code that shows in the display is EC8. Hope this helps!
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

Unfortunately EC8 would indicate the control board is faulty.

I would suggest unplugging the appliance for 10 minutes then plugging it back in again. See if this resets the main board.

If that doesn't work, unplug the appliance and take the top off.

Unplug each plug from the main board and the facia board then plug it back on again. Do each plug twice to ensure the connection is clean and tight.

Try the machine again.

Tip the appliance rearward about 45 degrees and see if water runs out the base.

If it does, try the machine again and if it works, let me know.

If it still fails I'm afraid you would need to begin replacing the electronics to try and cure the fault.

The service manual states "EC8, CRM (Control module) Pump diode. - Diode on wiring short-circuited".

The pump is directly connected to the control board and the diode is on the board..

If you have to replace the electronics, and if the appliance isn't under warranty, I would suggest getting a fixed price, parts and labour, quote from www.repaircare.co.uk

This would be the most cost effective method of repair.

Hope this is of some help.

Sorry it's not good news.

Let me know how it goes or if you need more help

Thanks

Edited by Fred Bloggs on 3/15/2010 at 3:34 PM EST
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience: Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.