Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  EPA Certified HVAC
10522817

Maytag washing machine Model LaT9824A not draining water

Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
is this draining at all? did this happen before you replaced the pump? Part(NNN) NNN-NNNN width= you may need to move the pump towards the side of the machine to tighten the belt, just slide it over, did you replace the belts also?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
THE OLD PUMP WAS LEAKING BADLY BEFORE AND NOT DRAINING AT ALL

THE NEW PUMP IS NOT DRAINING AT ALL

THE PUMP HAS A DIRECT COUPLED ELECTRIC MOTOR WHICH IS ITALIAN. (PLASET)
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
ok this is an Italian machine? thats strange because it comes up with the pump I showed you, I'll have to transfer you to the U.K. appliance category, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
NO THE WASHING MACHINE IS NOT ITALIAN IT IS ONLY THE WATERPUMP THAT IS AN ITALIAN BRAND CALLED PLASET
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
ok , is there more to the model #? every parts supplier I check shows the other pump. could you check the model # XXXXX thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
MAYTAG DEPENDABLE CARE PLUS
MODEL# XXXXX GE
NEWTON IA USA

OBVIOUSLY MADE FOR THE AUSTRALIAN MARKET
Expert:  Bryan replied 4 years ago.
ok thats it, you will need to do two things, one check for power going to the pump when its in drain, you should get 240 volts. two if your getting voltage you will need to remove hose # XXXXX on this diagram and feel up into the tub to see if there is something blocking the drain at the tub bottom, then remove part # XXXXX and check for blockage, if there is no blockage in either place check the drain hose itself running to the drain in the house, these machines tend to get socks or something small over the top of the inner tub and into the outer tub and then into the drain system, if you get power then thats the only thing it could be, thanks Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: EPA Certified HVAC