Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
13782322

My whirlpool dishwasher wont finish its cycle and just keeps

Customer Question

My whirlpool dishwasher won't finish it's cycle and just keeps making a droning sound and then it stops and the beeper goes on continuously
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

Can you post the model number of the appliance please?

When it goes faulty the start light should be flashing.

Count the flashes between pauses and let me know the result.

When the machine goes faulty, is it full or empty of water?

Thanks

Edited by Fred Bloggs on 2/23/2010 at 8:16 AM EST
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The make of the whirlpool dishwasher is ADP7560/1 the beeper is on continually only a second between flashes.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

Thanks for that.

The beeper isn't what I need to know about.

I need to know about the number of flashes from the start light.

The number of flashes from the start light indicates the likely fault so it has to be read correctly or the diagnosis will be wrong.

The beeper may well be in sync with it, sometimes not.

The model number you supplied isn't on my technical discs.

Can you post the 12 digit number beginning with 85?

Prefix the number with A to prevent it being crossed out when posted.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm sorry I am posting this from work so am not infront of my machine. so don't know the 12 digit number. The light though is flashing continually maybe a fraction of a second between flashes.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, thanks for that.

A single flash (flashing continuously) indicates a fault with the NTC (temperature sensor).

This is located in the bottom of the sump on the appliance.

It's a twist fit from underneath.

To remove it, unplug the appliance and take off the inspection panel below the door.

Twist the NTC to unlock it then pull it down and out.

When you take the panel off, be very careful as the edges of this appliance are razor sharp when exposed.

To obtain the correct part you would need the 85 number.

Quote this to your parts supplier when you want to order the part.

The flashing light gives an error code that indicates the most likely cause of the problem. In this instance it's reporting a fault with the NTC.

You could try taking out the filters, pouring a kettle of boiling water into the sump and trying the machine again. If still failing, allow it to cool and then try again.

You refer to an "End" button in your first post. Can you confirm your appliance has a button marked "End"?

Whirlpool machines normally have on/off , program or select and start.

Machines with a rotary dial have an on/off, the dial and a start button.

Hope this helps

Let me know how it goes or if you need more help

Thanks

Edited by Fred Bloggs on 2/23/2010 at 8:52 AM EST
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience: Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sorry when I said end button I meant the start button which beeps when programme "ends".

Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

No problem, just wanted to confirm that we were talking about the same appliance.

Thank you for the payment, it is appreciated.

Good luck with the repair.

Let me know how it goes.

If you find the error code is different, just post on this thread again.

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for your answer. I have decided to get an engineer to have a look at the machine as I don't think i could repair this myself. Your input was much appreciated as I may be able to give the engineer more info now.

Once again many thanks

Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

If you go to www.repaircare.co.uk and obtain a quote there, their prices include parts and labour.

No nasty shocks and they use local tradesmen to do the work.

It will also give you something to compare against when you ask your engineer for a quote.

Good luck with it.

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for that. I have a local engineer that i have used before, he is quite trustworthy but if his quote is too high then I will have a look on the site you suggest.

Regards