Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

Hi there, We have a Hotpoint Aquarius Ultima 1200 washer

Hi there,

We have a Hotpoint Aquarius Ultima 1200 washer dryer...and the door hinge has failed after 8 years. We have ordered a new hinge and bracket, but on unscrewing the broken hinge, the screw housing has fallen to the bottom of the machine (inside). I don't want to try taking the front off with no knowledge, so any you can give would be great! Thanks, Matt

What you need to do is unplug machine and then looking at the front were the seal is you will see a plastic unit holding the clamp for the door seal on.

Use a flat screwdriver and prise this off then unlip the front of the door seal off.

Then just reach in and you can get the bracket out. as you need to hold it in place when you fit the new hinge on anyway.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.