Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

Zanussi Anti-flood device activated. Water in bottom tray.

Zanussi Anti-flood device activated. Water in bottom tray. How easy to identify leak and fix?

When you have the machine out take off the side panels.

With them off run the machien and just watch it for any signs off leaks.

The things to watch on zanussi are on some models they have an air guide box on top. Make sure this is still on (if fitted)

Also on the right you will see a plastic arm going from the heater element at the bottom up the side to the top spray arm. These leak aswell so just watch them.

Sometimes on dishwashers they like to leak for no reason. If you use all in 1 tablets and put rinse aid can cause a leak as it double doses on rinse aid causeing an overfoam.

Same as if something with a bit of fairy liquid on gets in the machine. This can cause it aswell.

So if you dont see a leak from it then it could have just been an overfoam in it. Which when cleared will work perfect again.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Going to take panels off, run and look for a leak. If its the plastic arm, have you got the part number for it?

Also, I have had this for 5 years and it gets run at least once a day. Do you think I am better off cutting my losses and buying new?

Once you find what it is just let me know along with the model number and i will get you the part number.