Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.

hello , my hotpoint aquarius wf340 has died . the door locked

hello , my hotpoint aquarius wf340 has died . the door locked light was flashing and it wouldnt open til i took the top off , fiddled with the lock and put some pressure on the door .i lubricated the lock and have put another load in but now it wont start. the door locked light is flashing , the wash , rinse and spin , final spin , power lights are all on but nothing is happening inside . if you can solve it i'll love you forever !

The most likely fault would be the door lock has failed.

When you close the door and try to start the appliance, does the door actually lock?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
hello , thanks for your prompt response ...........yes the door is still locked , the door locked light is still flashing and the wash, rinse and spin , final spin lights are on solid red .

This would suggest that either the door lock or the main control board is faulty.

Unplug the machine.

To test the door lock you could bypass it by linking connections 3 and 4 together on the door lock plug. (The door lock should have the numbers 2, 3 and 4 marked on it, match these to the plug and link out 3 and 4 on the plug to test the appliance).

Fit everything back in place with the link on the plug insulated.

Plug the machine in and try it again.

If the machine then still does the same, the pcb will need replacing and programming.

Hope this helps

Let me know how it goes or if you need more help

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hello again , sorry to take a while to reply to your suggestion but i am a little confused . the plug has 3 wires from it numbered 1,2,3 , numbers 2 and 3 are both red / green . the socket they go into is numbered 1,2,3,4 but only has metal pegs on numbers 2,3,4 . ....numbers 1,2,3 on the plug go into numbers 2,3,4 on the socket . .........should i therefore connect numbers 2 and 3 together on the plug ( the red/ green wires together ) as i cant connect 3 and 4 on the plug as they dont exist ?

many thanks , tony

I'm not in the office now so don't have the diagram at the moment.

Put the plug in and match the wires to 3 and 4.

If your plug is 1 to 2, 2 to 3 and 3 to 4 then it's 2 and 3 to link.

The diagram shows 3 and 4 are linked together when the door is closed.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
hi , ive done as you said ....patched the wires that go into 3 and 4 but it still doesnt work . there is no " door locked " flashing but " wash , rinse and spin , final spin " are still lit ..........and it wont start . whats next ? mentioned earlier a new pcb , pardon my ignorance but what's that ?

Put the door lock back the way it was.

It looks like the main control board (pcb or module) is going to be at fault.

This will need programming to your appliance.

I would suggest trying a new door lock first.

If the lock doesn't fix it, then I'd suggest getting Hotpoint to come and repair it on their fixed price, parts and labour, scheme.

The cost will be lower than the cost of buying a new pcb, a programmer and a smart card with the programme for the pcb.

Sorry it's not good news.

Good luck with it.

Hope this is of some help