Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
13782322

Hotpoint aquarius tumble dryer - CDT00. Fault diagnosis please.

Customer Question

Hotpoint aquarius tumble dryer - CDT00. Fault diagnosis please. The dryer is working but is not heating up. The light - empty water is on but there is no water in the container. I have cleaned both of the outlets of fluff etc
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

Unplug the appliance.

At the bottom right (viewed from the rear) is a bulged area.

Pry this open, it opens outward.

Take the hoses off and blow up them to ensure they are clean and clear.

Take the pump out and clean out the debris preventing it running.

Clean out the pump reservoir.

Take out the condenser and clean it out thoroughly.

Clean out the ductwork behind the condenser.

Reassemble the appliance and try it again.

Hope this helps

Let me know how it goes or if you need more help

Thanks

Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience: Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi, it's nearly 7.00 pm and dark, cold and raining so I'll check this action out in the morning
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

Yep, nearly 7 here and dark too.

Let me know how you get on.

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi I cannot seem to open the plastic box at the botton where the hoses connect to - I have blown out the hoses but they were quite clear
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

Sorry, I can't help you open the box.

You have to prise it open, as I said earlier.

It hinges outward.

Good luck

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Everything done + working- tthanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Everything done + working- thanks
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

Thanks for letting me know how it went.

Glad you managed to get it open.

Thank you for the payment, it is appreciated.

Good luck with the appliance.

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi, sorry but I've got another problem. The tumble dryer is now causing the power to 'short out'. Everytime its plugged in the electric shorts. Also, whilst the tray at the bottom is filling the removable mtray at the top remainns empty
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

It's the same fault.

Check that the pump is running.

The short is because water has been thrown up onto the element.

Take the bulged cover off and dry out the element.

Clean out the pump reservoir again.

Ensure the pump pumps water up this time. If it doesn't, you'll need to test the pump. If it's faulty it will need to be replaced.

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Fred, I cleaned up the pump - not sure how I test it to pump water but everything was very dry. As soon as I put the plug in the electric shorted out - I didn't even turn the machine on
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

Did you take the bulged panel off and check to see if the heater was wet?

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I took the panel off and cleaned everything and dried it all out with a hair dryer
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, if the heater isn't at fault you have a short somewhere else in the appliance.

Take the top and right hand panel off.

Disconnect the heater plug, try the machine.

If still no good, disconnect the motor and try again.

Check for wiring problems as you go.

Thanks