Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
13782322

i have a bosch classixx 1200 washing machine that wont go onto

Customer Question

i have a bosch classixx 1200 washing machine that wont go onto the rinse and spin cycle
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

What exactly happens when it should go into the rinse cycle?

Are you getting any error codes or flashing lights?

When you cleaned out the pump did you check the pump actually runs?

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi the pump runs fine , the machine just keeps on washing when it should go into spin and there are no flashing lights or codes , you can turn the control to rinse & spin manually and it works fine
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, just to clarify.

Do you mean the machine is stuck in the wash cycle and doesn't move on to empty before the rinse programme?

If you run it on a cold wash, does it do the same?

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes thats right it doses`nt move on to empty it stays in wash cycle and i hav`nt tried it on a cold wash
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

Can you try a cold wash please?

I'm thinking that the appliance isn't heating the water and not moving on.

Only problem there is it should give an error code and flashing light to indicate that the heating period is too long.

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok i have put it on a cold wash how do i contact you when it finishes to let you know the results
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

Just use the link in the emails that are sent to you to come back to this thread.

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
cold wash has finished and the cycle has completed including empty , rinse & spin
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, thanks for that.

I would suggest checking the heater on the appliance.

You would require to have access to, and be able to use, a multimeter to test the heater.

Unplug the appliance first.

You have to take the front off of the appliance to gain access to the element.

Once there, disconnect the heater and check to see if the heater is open circuit.

If ok, check the wiring to it.

If these are ok it's possible that the electronic board may be at fault.

Check what you can, see what you find.

Hope this is of some help

Let me know how it goes or if you need more help

Thanks

Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience: Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok i will try that and let you know, many thanks
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the heater element is open circuit i.e. in the meg ohms range
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

You'll need to fit a new element.

Hopefully this will be the only problem with the appliance.

If you go to www.bosch-eshop.com

Select your country.

Click on the parts icon on the right of the screen.

Put the E-Nr number from the appliance into the search box.

Click on the parts link in the centre of the screen.

This will get you the exploded view of the appliance.

Find the page with the element.

Press and hold the left mouse button, drag the box over the number adjacent to the heater and then release the mouse button.

This should open a page with the part and the price.

Click on add to basket and continue to purchase.

Alternatively, note the part number and search online to see if you can get a better deal.

Good luck with it.

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
many thanks for your time and expertise, have removed element and sourced a new one, , when it arrives i will try it , if it dose`nt work so be it but i`m sure it will , it`s got to be better advice than the dipstick so called engineer who charged me £30.00 to tell me it was the circuit board without doing the tests that you recomended and then did`nt even tighten the water inlet hose properly and i had water pi****g out for 25 mins once again Fred many thanks
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

Thanks for letting me know.

I'm glad to be able to help.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that the element is the only fault.

Good luck with it.

Thanks

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you haven't already done so, can you click on Accept for me please?

This is how I am paid for my efforts.

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
thank you very much, your advice was spot on , all working fine, the element was buggered
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

Thanks for coming back and letting me know how it went.

I would suggest calling the "so called engineer" and asking for a refund.

Glad you've got it working again.

Good luck with the appliance.

Thanks