Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

I have a Bosch fridge model number KUR15a40GB that doesnt

I have a Bosch fridge model number KUR15a40GB that doesn't seem to get cold. I can hear a humming noise (as fridges make) but my food is not chilled.

Any ideas please?

Cheers
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Hi is there frost on the back panel inside the freezer?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

HI Mike

No frost at back of fridge (its just the fridge style - not one with a freezer compartment).

The light still works but I have also changed the fuse to no avail.

Cheers

Expert:  Mike replied 4 years ago.
Ok you have been passed over to the wrong category, I'm going to opt out and pass you over to UK Appliance. Mike
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks anyway Mike

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 years ago.

Hi

Is the humming noise comming from the bottom at back?

Can you get access to the compressor at back is feel if its hot or running?

Is it just total warm inside or a bit cold?

Regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Sorry I cant get to the back as its integrated. The humming seems to be coming from the back.

It is a little cold but not as it should be as I had some milk in there that felt as though its had just been left on the side (just above room temp).

I have tried to turn it up to 4/5 but the temp inside seems the same.

Cheers

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 years ago.

Hi

Ok it sounds like its the compressor thats the problem.

As it will be that thats humming as its trying to pump the gas around the system.

For this you will need to get a system engineer in to check the system. He will but the gauges on and see whats happening in there.

But a replacement compressor isn't going to be cheap.

You are looking at the best part of £200 to get it replaced.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks - Sounds like its a porblem, and I'm not liking the sound of the price!! LOL

Is it worth calling Bosch (I think we've only had it 2 years) to check if its still under warranty?

Cheers

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 years ago.

Hi

Yes give bosch a ring as alot of there appliances have a 2 year warranty on it so just give them a bell and see what they say hopefully they might sort it out for you.

If its just out of warranty just press them for the repair under warranty as sometimes they will agree to this. But the changes are at first they will say no but if you keep pressing them them might just back down and agree to it.

I used to work for another manufactor and have seen this many times them agreeing to the repair buts that them Dont know about Bosch but they might do the same .

Good luck with it.

Regards

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.