Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

I have a CANDY A class super fridge freezer. The fridge is

I have a CANDY A class super fridge freezer. The fridge is freezing everything in it. There is also a split in the rubber seal around the door. Is this the cause of the problem, or is it more involved than that? I have tried altering the thermostat but it has no effect.

Regards,

Phil
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 years ago.

Hi

If you kep the door shut and look at the the side of it is there any gaps inbetween the seal and the fridge?

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Only at the bottom corner. But it has always been like that. We've had the spilt in the rubber door seal for a while.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 years ago.

Hi

The door seal will be fine. Even though its split this wont cause the problem you are having this will be down to the thermostat in the machine thats gone faulty.

That will be why its frezzeing things in there.

Regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What is the part number for the thermostat and approximately, how much do they cost?

Thanks

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 years ago.

Hi

Can you post the model number please and i can find out for you.

Regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Model is CFMF 235 A-80

Regards

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 years ago.

Hi

Your machine is controled by a thermistor which is wired to the control board then goes up the back of the appliance.

Click below for the part.

http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/products/fridges-freezers/132028.htm

Regards

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I've just found the following item online please see below), which says that the fault is with the insulation.... This also comes from your site. So is it the thermostat or the insulation?

Regards

Question

We have purchased a property that had a Candy CFMF 235 A-80 fridge/freezer in place, we have purchased it anf find that the freezer part is OK but the fridge part freezes in the lower shelf where veg etc is kept. I have checked that the door seals are closing OK and suspect it might be the thermostat on the fridge part. Can you please help with advice on this and is it easy to fit a new thermostat? Thank you. Martin Turner

Submitted: 208 days and 10 hours ago. Category: UK Appliance Value: $18 Status: CLOSED

Accepted Answer

Hi

This isnt a thermostat fault im affarid.

What you need to check is that the fridge setting isnt to high.

If it is turn it down a bit and see how it goes.

if thats fine then its usually the insulation thats starting to fail

inbetween the fridge and frezzer. When this happens theres not much

that can be done im affarid its a new machine.

if you need any more info just get back to me.

regards

Picture

Expert: washer man
Pos. Feedback: 100.0 %
Accepts: 1024

nvq level 2 electronics

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 years ago.

Hi

So is it just the salad drawers that freezeing up or the whole fridge

IE shelfs or the back wall?

Regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The back wall has frost on it and the lower shelf and the salad drawer freezes up. The top shelf appears to be ok. Although it has frozen milk which has been in the fridge door.

Thanks

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 years ago.

Hi

Ok your problem will the thermistor as the above you listed was only freezeing the salad drawer.

But from what you are saying its the thermistor as its freezeing the milk and the shelfs.

Regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

In my first note I said 'The fridge is freezing everything in it'. The fridge freezes the lower part of the fridge, including the salad drawer and the milk in the door. There is frost/ice on the back wall of the fridge.So from your last reply, are you saying that it is the thermostat because it freezes the milk in the door?

Thanks

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 years ago.

Hi

I will go with the thermistor as its more likely to be the problem on your appliance.

Regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok. Thanks for your help.

Regards