Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

how do I fit a new element to a 1991 Neff oven. I have bought

how do I fit a new element to a 1991 Neff oven. I have bought a new element but cannot see how to remove the old one
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Rob replied 6 years ago.
Hi
Which element is this and what sort of Neff oven? Built in?
Do you have model number?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Neff oven supplied in 1991. Model number 1031-SP Circotherm oven
Expert:  Rob replied 6 years ago.
Hi
Im sorry, thats not the complete model number.

Is this the circular element in the back of the oven, or is it a grill element in the top?

Is this built in?

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Additional numbers that might help -E-Nr B1120F1GB/01

-309087

- B-AH11-7

It is the circular element at the back of the oven. I have removed the back plate and the single clamp screw but I don't know how to pull out the element without causing damage.

The cooker is built in

Expert:  Rob replied 6 years ago.
HI
Thanks for that

OK.
The element should look simmilar to this
Make sure the power is turned off.
It is held with either one or two screws.
Once they are removed you should be able to pull it into the oven cavity slightly. You need to then twist it to allow the tags and the wiring to come too.
If you pull too hard the wires will come off and you then have to get the oven out and remove the back to retrieve the wires.
Once the element is free, remove the wiring, reconnect the new one and reinstall

I hope this answers your question

Thanks
Rob
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Hi Rob

I'm still unable to remove the element. The picture confirms I have the correct element. However, the fittings either side of where the element enters the rectangular plate are blank rounds which will not take a screwdriver so I cannot free the element to allow me to pull it out. Help!!

I have tried tugging and gently twisting the element but it seems to be held fast.

Expert:  Rob replied 6 years ago.
HI
OK, so, although you have the back panel off, you havent removed any screws or bolts relating to the element itself, correct?
Unfortunately, on some of these models, they are held in place by nuts on the back of the oven. Didnt make any difference in production, but a nightmare when you come to replace the element.
My guess is that the new element will allow you to fit and remove it from the inside.

looks like you will have to remove the oven from its housing and remove the back panel

Thanks
Rob