Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
13782322

I have a Ariston L 64 model dishwasher. My problem at the moment

I have a Ariston L 64 model dishwasher. My problem at the moment is that the 2 yellow lights are flashing an i dont no whatelse to do. the dishwasher works for about 10 mins then these 2 lights come on.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

How many lights are there ?

If you number the lights with 1 on the left, which numbers are flashing?

Can you recheck the model number please?

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

there are 4 lights on it which indicate the cycle times ( pre-wash,wash,rinse,drying)

the 2 lights that are flashing are the first 2 on the left. model is correct Ariston L64

Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

If your appliance uses the same electronics as the UK appliance then the first 2 lights flashing indicate a timeout draining.

It can also be Software recognition error.

Check the drain hose and the drain pump.

If the machine is draining ok, check the pressure switch and the tube to it.

Take the tube off and blow as hard as you can back into the appliance.

Hope this is of some help.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i have the drain hose off and back cover. it is not draining out i had to syphon the water outof the machine. i blew back into the machine and nothing happen there was alot of resistance so i dont no what to expect from that.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

You'll probably find there's a non return valve in the drain pump.

Is the machine stuck full of water?

If you start a new programme does it empty the water first?

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no i syphon the water out of the machine. it does not empty the water when i start a new programme. it lights up the cycle light the after about 5 mins those 2 lights come on. the machine works as soon as i syphon the water out of it. it goes through its initial draining stage with no water the starts it wash cycle but as soon as comes to the drain cycle those 2 lights start flashing again
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, thanks for that.

You need to isolate the power to the appliance.

Empty it of water, take the panels off and gain access to the drain pump.

Take the drain pump out, remove the debris jamming the pump.

Refit the pump and try again.

If you need more access, remove the screws holding the base on and tilt the machine off the base a little.

Hope this helps

Let me know how it goes or if you need more help

Thanks

Edited by Fred Bloggs on 12/10/2009 at 10:59 PM EST
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience: Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok thanks for that Fred there was a piece of plastic in the pump stopping it from spinning to suck the water out all working good now thanks again
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

Thanks for coming back and letting me know how it went.

Glad you got it working again.

Good luck with the appliance

Thanks

______________________________________________________________________________________

If you haven't already done so, can you click on Accept for me please?

This is how I get paid for my efforts. Thanks