Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.

I have a samsung J1043 with error code 3E. HOw do I fix th

Customer Question

I have a samsung J1043 with error code 3E. HOw do I fix this?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  mdd13 replied 4 years ago.
HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. The other Experts and I are working on your answer. By the way, it would help us to know:

-Is this a washing machine? If so, the question is in the wrong section. Let me know and I can have it moved.

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. Please reply as soon as possible so that we can finish answering your question.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes it is.
Expert:  mdd13 replied 4 years ago.
I have requested this be moved to the appliance section.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

What is the machine doing when the error comes up?

Does it empty the water?

Does the drum turn?

If you set it to spin does it spin?

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi. There's no spin. but it will empty. Motor/pump appear OK. Just rolls the barrel a few times every few minutes and then eventually comes up with 3E. If you set to spin nothing happens.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

Unfortunately 3E indicates a fault with the motor.

Unplug the appliance and take the rear cover off.

Check the plugs and the wiring to the motor.

If these check out ok, check the motor connections at the main control board.

If everything looks to be ok you would need to begin changing parts on a "fit and see what happens" basis.

Unfortunately these are probably the most expensive parts on the appliance.

The service manual suggests that the motor is the most likely part.

good luck with the checks.

Hope this helps

Let me know how it goes or if you need more help

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for getting back to me mate. I've checked the motor and it functions OK. I don't have a service manual but found the serivce menu. I can operate the spin etc from here so motor is OK. There's a hall efect sesnor on the motor. Do you know if it bypasses the sensor in serivce mode?
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

Sorry, the service manual doesn't give that information.

It is perfectly possible that the test programme ignores the Hall sensor.

Before replacing any expensive parts it may be worthwhile fitting a new hall sensor (if you can obtain one) on a "fit and see what happens" basis.

The alternative is replacing the motor and possibly the control board too.

Good luck with it.

Thanks