Rob
Rob, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs. experience with a major worldwide manufacturer.
14831508

The upper arm of my Bosch dishwasher is not spinning and the

Customer Question

The upper arm of my Bosch dishwasher is not spinning and the dishwasher is empty, so there are no obstructions. I have cleaned the dishwasher with a bottle of Finish cleaner, checked all the pipes and arms are clear of blockages and checked that the pump area is clear. What could possibly be wrong?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

Can you post the E-Nr number from the appliance please?

It's normally etched across the top of the door.

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi

Yes the E-Nr number is XXXXX

Thanks
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, thanks for that.

If you set the arms at a front to rear position, allow the dishwasher to start washing and quickly open the door, is there water jetting out of the top spray arm?

Does your machine have a 1/2 load button?

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi
I did this earlier and there did appear to be water coming out to the upper arm when I quickly opened the door. The bottom arm was spinning but the upper one wasn't. No the dishwasher does not have a half load button.

cheers
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, thanks for that.

I'm sorry if I'm repeating things you've already done.

Check the top spray arm, especially the end holes as these propel the arm.

Also check along the seam, if they are split they tend to leak there instead of spinning.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi
I just checked the spray arm again. The all holes are definitely clear. I did check for splits but the arm looks sound.

cheers
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, thanks for that.

If the spray arms are good and clear, the feed tube is clear then we are looking at something within the heater box or the circulation pump.

Either the pump isn't pumping properly and there's a lack of water pressure or there's an obstruction in the heater box.

The parts exploded view doesn't state that the heater has an alternating valve so I've discounted that as a possibility.

Sorry, you've done all the normal checks and everything seems sound.

I'll opt out of the question and open it to all experts again. Hopefully one of them may come up with something I've missed.

Good luck with it.

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for you time