Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
13782322

HOW TO WIRE UP FOR USE A ZANUSSI BUILT IN OVEN MODEL ZOB23

Customer Question

HOW TO WIRE UP FOR USE A ZANUSSI BUILT IN OVEN MODEL ZOB230X
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

You posted this before but said you had the manufacturer coming.

What exactly is the problem?

What is it you are trying to do?

What supply do you have?

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
YES I W AS LET DOWN HE DIDN'T COME DELAID OR SOMETHING.
ITS A NEW MACHINE BOUGHT ON THE INTERNET IT CAME WITH THE MANUAL BUT THIS DOSN'T EXPLAIN HOW I WIRE A CABLE TO THE MACHINE AND THEN TO THE PLUG TO START USING THE OVEN.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, thanks for that.

There should be a plate on the appliance that gives a figure of how many watts or Kwatts it uses.

Can you post this please?

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I COPIED EVERYTHING ON THE PLATE

230V-50/60HZ 20W
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

OK, thanks for that.

Last questions.

What are the colours of the wires you are using and what is it wired into?

Is it wired into a plug or an outlet in the wall?

The more detail you can give me on this the better.

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
THE COLOURS OF THE WIRES ARE BROWN PLAIN COPPER/GREEN AND BLUE IV'E CHECKED WITH THE MANUAL AND THIS SEEMS TO BE CORRECT. IT IS WIRED INTO PLUG BUT WHAT I NEED TO KNOW HOW I ATTACT THESE WIRES TO THE MACHINE TERMINAL DO I LOOSEN THE THREE SCREWS AND THEN FIT THE CORRECT COLOURED WIRE AROUND THE SCREWS AND TIGHTEN THEM UP?
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

Take off the plate on the rear of the oven.

It should be marked to identify the terminals.

Slacken the screw, put the wire under and around the screw, tighten it again.

Do this for all three wires then put the cover back on.

Switch on and set the clock.

You should be up and running with the oven.

Hope this helps

Let me know how it goes or if you need more help.

Thanks

Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience: Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

Thank you for the payment and the feedback, it is appreciated.

You weren't being thick, far better to double check and be correct than get it wrong.

Good luck with the appliance.

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
THANKS VERY MUCH IT WORKED A TREAT

CHEERS BRIDIE