Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
13782322

I have a samsung J1043 washing machine. keep getting 5E error

I have a samsung J1043 washing machine. keep getting 5E error message. have checked the debris filter as per the manual - no change. Is the filter supposed to have a gauze-like covering and if not, does this cause the error message? Should I order a new filter? Any other advice?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

When you get the error message is the appliance full or empty of water?

You don't need a new filter, there is no gauze covering on them.

Thanks

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The appliance still has water in it when the error message appears. The machine goes through the wash cycle OK but does not drain - I suspect that the drain pump is faulty.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

Unplug the appliance first.

Drain the water out manually either through the filter or by dropping the drain hose as low as possible.

Once the machine is empty of water take the filter out.

Look inside the filter housing and you should see the pump impellor.

Use a long screwdriver and turn the impellor manually.

Check to see if there is something jamming the pump.

If there is, remove the item(s).

Plug the machine in, set it to a drain or spin programme and watch at the filter housing to see if you can see or hear the pump running.

If you do, put the filter back in and try the machine again.

Hope this helps

Let me know how it goes or if you need more help.

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have already checked and cleared the hoses and filters and checked the pump impellor which is turning freely. Pump is still not pumping.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

You say the impellor turns freely?

Does it ping round in stages or just rotate with no resistance?

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Rotates with no resistance.
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

You need a new pump.

If it rotates freely with no resistance it's likely the impellor has come off the motor.

Unplug the appliance.

Take the plastic panel below the front panel off.

Take the screws holding the filter housing to the chassis out.

Tilt the appliance back a little and if the base is open, drop the pump and filter assembly out the bottom. (If not open you'll need to take the rear panel off and take the pump out from the rear).

Disconnect the wiring and hoses (make a note of where they go).

Take the old pump motor off and fit a new pump motor.

Reassemble the appliance and you should be good to go.

Hope this helps

Let me know how it goes or if you need more help

Thanks

Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience: Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.