Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
13782322

the lights keep flashing on my aquarius hotpoint washing machine

Customer Question

the lights keep flashing on my aquarius hotpoint washing machine and it will not start
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 5 years ago.

Hiya,

Can you post the model number of the appliance please?

Which lights are flashing?

If it's a bank of 5 down the side of the soap dispenser, number them with 1 at the top and let me know which numbers are flashing.

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
model no. WT540 All lights flashing on the left and all lights flashing on the top also the on off light
Expert:  Techdesk replied 5 years ago.

Hiya,

This normally indicates a failure of the main control board.

Unplug the appliance and take the rear cover off.

The main control board is bottom left when viewed from the rear.

Take the board out and unplug the plugs one at a time. Check they are clean, dry and tight. refit them.

Try the machine again.

If still the same you'll need to replace the main board to try and cure the problem.

A new board is blank and would require a smart card and smart card reader to programme it.

Instead, check www.emwelec.co.uk for a refurbished board. It would be programmed for your appliance.

They even allow returns, for a fee, if it doesn't fix the problem.

Hope this helps

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks

Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience: Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Fred you answered a question for me a few weeks ago and told me to check the control board. I have not had time to look at this and was trying to do this today, but do not know how to get the back of the machine as you have suggested. Can you advise

thanks
Jim
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

The rear panel is screwed on. Near the bottom at the rear.

It's not the entire rear of the machine, just the access panel.

At the bottom left (viewed from the rear) you'll find the control board.

Thanks