Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.

I need to replace the button on a Whirlpool akz151 oven, is

I need to replace the button on a Whirlpool akz151 oven, is there any guidance available on how to do this?
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

There is no step by step guide to this, the manufacturer assumes the engineer can figure it out.

Isolate the power to the appliance.

Take the oven out of the housing and take the top panel off.

Take the fixings holding the facia panel on out and take the facia panel off.

(you can disconnect the wires to allow you easier working on it).

The push button is only held by snap open plastic, as you are replacing it you can cut the old bits off and push the button out.

Fit the new button, refit any parts removed and connect the wiring up.

Refit the facia, refit the top and refit the oven to the housing.

Restore the power and set the clock.

It is possible, but a lot more difficult, to do this without taking the facia off.

It's not a difficult job to do, the main thing to watch is the razor sharp edges of the appliance whenever a cover is removed.

Take it apart, have a good look at it and just post here if you get stuck.

Hope this helps

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks

Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience: Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi thanks for your swift reply, however this is quite generic and doesn't tell me anythig I didn't already know. My problem is working out how to remove the facia of my specific applicance/model and I am looking for guidanmce on this.

many thanks
Expert:  Techdesk replied 4 years ago.

Hiya,

The information you need is in my answer, it's not generic, it's specific to your appliance.

The advice given is spot on, I'm an ex Whirlpool engineer. There are no photographs, but the assembly is simple. Taking the facia off makes it easier to change the button.

Taking the controls unit off makes it even easier.

Take the appliance out, take the top off and you'll see the screws on the sides holding the facia.

Click here for the exploded view of the appliance

You'll see that it doesn't show any fixings.

Good luck with it

Thanks