Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

i have a hotpoint dwf30 it will not drain, the pipes are not

Customer Question

i have a hotpoint dwf30 it will not drain, the pipes are not twisted.....any ideas
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 5 years ago.

Hi

If its not draining then you need to check the drain hose if under sink remove the spigot and make sure theres nothing in there.

If thats fine then you need to remove the lid and the right hand side panel.

From there you will see the pump.

Scoop the water from inside the dishwasher then you can remove the drain pump and clear any debris in there but be carefull as usaully its glass blocking it then refit pump and try again. hopefully that should sort it out.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I've already found my prob lem with the draining, it was a disc on the connector. but now when I turn it on it is making no attempt to fill.....it is just a humming noise in the background. could I have burnt it out by letting it sit so long trying to empty with a blocked exit

judy

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 5 years ago.

Hi

Ok when you set it off on a programme do you hear the pump run?

feel the water fill at the bottom were the fill pipe screws on to it

is this humming?

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes it is humming, but now sound of water...there is a positive humming
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 5 years ago.

Hi

Ok thanks is the pump running or is it just humming

does it still do the same with the door open?

is there water in the machine?

thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

how do I define if it is running or just humming, i think it may be just humming. when you open the door the on off switch automatically defaults to an off no programme will run so can answer the second question

thanks

judy

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 5 years ago.

Hi

Ok so if the pumps humming its either blocked or the pump is faulty so you will need to remove the pump and see if there is anything stuck in it.

Also make sure the impeller turns ok it should just ping round.

try that and let me know how it goes.

regards

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

to get to the pump it's top off and right hand side - yes?

can I come back to you tomorrow - what time are you online. let me know.

i am an hour ahead (if you're in the UK), I am in sothern spain........i will get my partner to look for me and come back to you, to pay.......

wierd how it all worked when we packed it, and when we first connected it.....

judy.

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 5 years ago.

Hi

Yes to get to the pump its lid of right hand side off and you might need to take the bottom cover on the front off.

I will be back on again at about 6pm uk time tomorrow but you can replie any time as when i log on i will get it stright away.

good luck with it.

regards

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
we've had all the panels off, I am told that all is moving. also that the motor is going. any other ideas
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 5 years ago.

Hi

Ok so whats happening now when you restart a cycle?

is it draining out?

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no just the lights come on and you can hear that the machine is on but no noise of any water go in for it to drain out
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 5 years ago.

Hi

Right so if its not filling up you will see the fill vavle at the back were the water pipe screws on to with a muiltmeter check to see if you are getting 240v to the valve.

If you are then the valve is faulty and will need to be replaced.

let me know what you find.

Regards

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

You've lost me now, whats a multimeter check. is it on the machine. what am I looking for.

ugh!!!!!!! i gradually loosing I will just throw it out the door in a minute

Expert:  Daniel T. replied 5 years ago.

Hi

A multimeter is a meter which checks for voltage we need to know weather you are getting power to the fill valve for it to fill.

Regards