Daniel T.
Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.

My Bosch dishwasher SGS43EO2GB was making a buzzing noise (even

My Bosch dishwasher SGS43EO2GB was making a buzzing noise (even when the door was open) and not starting it's cycle. I cleared the water pump impeller of some food waste. The buzzing noise stopped after I lightly gave it some bangs and the cycle would work. But now it has about 0.5 - 1 inches of water in the bottom covering the inside floor which it won't pump out.
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 years ago.

Hi

Where abouts is the water is it in the white plastic sump?

Is it still make the buzzing noise?

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi there,

after the cycle ran and finished it was still making medium loud buzzing noise however the water that had been over the metal interior floor is now lower and about 1.75 inches above the lowest level of the white sump. I turned the machine off and when I turned it on the noise was replaced by a gentle hum. But now when I try to run a cycle, although the time counter counts down, nothing happens.

Previous to this fault I had been on holiday for 2 weeks and left the front door open and horizontal to allow air to circulate. many thanks for your help, wee matt

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
update - got it to run another cycle by pouring in 2l of water and banging the door shut abruptly.

now back to loud buzzing/whirring noise even when door open. will not run any more cycles. -

wee matt
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 years ago.

Hi

Ok this sounds like the machine has leaked in the base and brought the anti flood on thats why its making that noise.

pull dishwasher out and then tipp it back 45deg to let the water drain out then try it again and see what happens.

As to the water in the sump they always leaves water in there so thats ok.

If you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
HI there,

i tipped the machine back but no water came out. Using a hose I was able to get any water out from the sump and inside where you put the salt. The machine started up perfectly and I ran a cycle. However at the end there was a lot of water inside covering the metal floor about 0.75 inch.   I have just run another cycle - again it started no bother but at the end of the cycle lots of water inside.
Customer
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 years ago.

Hi

Ok if you remove the cover from the pump impeller again make sure it turns ok

it should ping round it its stiff then its either block or the pump is at fault.

so if you remove pump from underneath it will just twist off you can check it then retry if still doing it then the pump will be at fault and would need to be replaced.

if you need anymore info just get back to me.

Regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi

- the noise has stopped
I checked the impeller which moves freely - as you say it pings around.
the only problem is it isn't pumping out properly

thanks

wee matt
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 years ago.

Hi

Ok have you checked the drain hose were it drains to

if under the sink remove the spiogt and make sure its not blocked.

then put hose in a bucket and reset the machine and see what the water flow is like

if it just trickles out then there is a blockage if no water comes out atall the changes are the pump will be at fault.

let me know what you find.

regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi

it will not run a cycle now - the water has been pumped out correctly but - the pump whirrs round continually with the door open or shut
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 years ago.

Hi

Ok this normally happens when there is a leak in the base

pull it out and remove both side panels

Do you see any water in the base

look on the left side there is a red bar which goes down to the botton lift this up and down you should hear the swich clicking make sure the rod is down then retry it

let me know how it goes.

Regards

Daniel T., Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no water in the base - I fiddled with red rod and now it is starting perfectly.

I shall test the hose later to see if I can get it to pump out properly
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
all working now

thanks
Customer
Expert:  Daniel T. replied 4 years ago.

Hi

Glad its sorted for you.

and thanks for payment.

Regards

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ta Mr Washerman! wife happy