Techdesk
Techdesk, Field Service Engineer
Experience:  Whitegoods engineer working for a multibranded national company in the UK.

i have a creda 46108 built in fridge, the hinges have gone,

Customer Question

i have a creda 46108 built in fridge, the hinges have gone, do you kow of anywhere that has them in stock at a reasonable price
Category: UK Appliance
Expert:  Techdesk replied 5 years ago.

Hiya,

I see what you mean by the price £82 is a bit steep for a hinge.

Can you upload a photograph of one of the hinges, preferable from a few angles and I'll see what else may fit?

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

here are the images, 1 & 3 are the bottom hinges and 4 & 5 are the top hinge

images 1images 3images 4images 5

Expert:  Techdesk replied 5 years ago.

Hiya,

I'll have a root around today and see if I can find a similar hinge.

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Dear XXXXX

that would be great, many thanks

Expert:  Techdesk replied 5 years ago.

Hiya,

You would have to take the hinge off to compare it to the photographs.

It does look like the same hinge as the 46109 in the drawings.

Got to be worth a look.

Click here for hinges on Ebay

Let me know if these look the same. I'll be able to check part numbers in the morning when I'm in the office.

Hope this helps

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Dear XXXXX

I did see these on ebay, but they look quite different to the ones that I have so I did not purchase them. I also send the seller the question, "would they fit a 46108 fridge", but they have not come back to me, I actually sent the question 3 times over the last 3 weeks, but still no reply, hence I came onto just answer.

Expert:  Techdesk replied 5 years ago.

Hiya,

No problem, I'll be able to check the part numbers when I get into the office tomorrow.

Creda do have a habit of changing the parts used whenever the original goes obsolete.

You never know your luck.

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thanks Fred, much appreciated

Hope to hear from you tomorrow, just one thing, I think the ebay seller uses the same pic for loads of his hinges he sells, so not sure if the pic is actually the right pic for the hinge being sold. lets hope i am lucky.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Fred

I was able to get the two product codes from

http://www.ransomspares.co.uk/products/29/79/7235/list.htm

Our Product Code: RS34537 - HINGE BTM RH OR T.LH

Our Product Code: RS34536 - HINGE T.RH OR BTM LH

hope this helps

Expert:  Techdesk replied 5 years ago.

Hiya,

They've given the parts their own part numbers, not the manufacturer one.

RS34537 is RansomSpares with their own number.

It's also a Creda 46403 appliance.

I'll be able to check properly when I'm in the office and I've got the manufacturer disc in front of me.

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
okay great
Expert:  Techdesk replied 5 years ago.

Hiya,

Sorry, I've been unable to find a suitable alternative for this.

The hinge part numbers are, 257033 (Indesit number C00257033) and 257032 (Indesit number C00257032).

The 46109 uses a totally different hinge.

Prices all seem to be around the £85 to £95 mark each hinge.

Sorry, not the news I was hoping to be giving you.

If I come across an alternative I'll post it here.

Good luck in your search.

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Dear XXXXX

thanks for all your help, just my luck hey, if you do come across an alternative or any where that does have them at a resonable price, do let me know, thanks again